In 1844-1847 the brick customs building built in Tauragė is now called Tauragė Castle. The whole architectural ensemble of the castle has romantic features of the Renaissance castle style. In 1844 a staged project of the customs building was made. In 1847 a two-story brick building for border detainees was built. In 1852 the building was fenced with a masonry fence, a sauna is built in the yard, farm buildings, a well is dug. The whole ensemble is rebuilt into the castle prison, corner towers and shooting openings appear during the reconstruction. The whole architectural ensemble is given the "romantic" character of a Renaissance castle. At that time, the castle acquires the general image and layout that has survived to this day. Only after the war, in 1971 and in 1986 two new buildings were built in the courtyard of the castle.
TAURAGĖ POST OFFICE BUILDING COMPLEX
It is an architectural monument, one of the oldest buildings of the Tauragė city – postal complex with an inn (1858–1861), designed by architect Slupskis. The post office had a postal service, a horse exchange point, barracks, a hotel, a cafeteria, a "clean" lounge for incoming gentlemen and a "dirty" lounge for servants, caretakers and postmen, but it is not known which side was intended for whom. In 1843 October 10 Onoré de Balzak, who wrote a letter to his future wife, Polish Countess Evelina Hanska, to St. Petersburg, stayed at the post office. This is the only letter Balzak wrote in Lithuania.
THE BANK PALACE
The bank building was designed by well-known architects A. Funkas and M. Songaila, and built in 1935. Neoclassical trends are felt in the architecture of the building. This is among the most significant examples of interwar architecture, surviving in a small town. The building was not damaged during the war, and a hotel and a restaurant were opened in this building during the post-war years. Since 1977, it was again used according to its original purpose.
CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY IN TAURAGĖ
The first church in Tauragė was built in 1507. A school was established next to it (the second in Samogitia). 1865–1869 the permission of the authorities to build a new brick church was repeatedly requested, but only the old one was allowed to be repaired. In 1899 the wooden church was demolished. A new brick building was built in 1904. In 1915 the brick church was demolished, after 1920 partially restored. In 1941 the church was destroyed again, Rrstored only in 1955. by the care of the pastor Jonas Beinorius, with the funds and assistance of the parishioners. The church is historic, has neo-Romanesque and classicist style features, a Latin cross plan, with a five-walled apse and one octagonal tower. It has 6 altars.
MARTYNAS MAŽVYDAS EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH IN TAURAGĖ
Construction was completed in 1843, the architect of the church - Karolis Gregotovičius. In 1938, with the reconstruction of the church after World War I, the architecture was changed. 1947 In celebration of the 400th anniversary of the first Lithuanian book, the name of Martynas Mažvydas is given to Tauragė Church.
1987 m. prie bažnyčios centrinio įėjimo esančiose nišose patalpinamos kalto vario Martyno Mažvydo ir Martino Liuterio skulptūros, kurių autorius tauragiškis tautodailininkas Antanas Bagdonas. Tai pirmosios pastatytos reformatorių – švietėjų skulptūros Lietuvoje.
THE HOLY MARTYS ANTHONY, JOHN AND EUSTACHIUS OF VILNIUS CHURCH IN TAURAGĖ
The building, built in 1933 (later expanded), stands in the old Tauragė cemetery. Before the restoration of Lithuania's independence, the church was frequented visited by believers from the neighboring Kaliningrad region. After Independence, far fewer people come to worship.
LAUKSARGIAI EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH
The fate of the Lauksargiai church building, like that of the parish itself, is complicated. During the First World War, the Russians, invading the Klaipėda region, immediately destroyed its tower with cannon shots. After invading the town, they started to destroy the altar, the organ, other inventory. The church was so devastated that it was not possible to finally rebuild it until 1924. However, the Second World War spared them - the building remained undamaged. However, the community was reborn in 1947 by the efforts of cantor Pėteris Knispelis. In addition to him, priests J. Kalvanas of Tauragė parish and other clergymen held services here.
THE IMMACULATE CONCENPTION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY CHURCH IN PAGRAMANTIS
BATAKIAI EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH
In 1884 an Evangelical-Lutheran parish was established in Batakiai, and a church was built. The church has survived to this day.
SKAUDVILĖ EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH
Wooden, with a tower, built in 1866. surviving to this day.
SKAUDVILĖ SAINT CROSS CHURCH
The church is located on Tauragė Street, with a front facade to the market square. It is a building of folk architecture with the features of classicism. The facades of the church, especially the main facade, unlike other sacral buildings in the Samogitian region, stand out for their splendor. The wooden church was built in 1797. of ax-hewn logs, cross-plan, clad with boards, built on well-laid stone masonry stones. Church of the cross plan, hall, three naves. The sacristy of later construction is enclosed behind the high altar. Building with a massive sloping roof, at the eastern end with a triangular pediment.
CHURCH OF THE ASSUMPTION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY IN DAUGLAUKIS
Church of the assumption of the blessed virgin Mary stands in Dauglaukis village. Built in 2006.
SKAUDVILĖ TOWN-URBAN MONUMENT
In ancient times, the Skaudvilė area belonged to the land of Karšuva. The village and mound of Karšuva are nearby. The date of establishment of the town is considered to be 1760. The place name of Skaudvilė is of surname, derived from Mr. Skaudvilis of those places. The town started to expand after the construction of the Riga - Karaliaučius highway in 1847. Skaudvilė was a trading town, where merchants from Königsberg, the Russian Empire, Poland and other parts of Lithuania came here.
The town itself is a monument of urbanism. The beginnings of this plan date back to the 19th century. At the beginning, when a section of the main street between the church and the road junction turned into a square.
BATAKIAI TOWN-URBAN MONUMENT
The town itself has been declared an urban monument, with a linear plan. Today, the plan of Batakiai town took shape in the 16th century and has hardly changed to this day. The value of the urban monument is determined by a peculiar plan that developed in a small hill surrounded by streams and swamps, which was more suitable for defense than for living.
Tauragė manor – appeared in the 15th century, this manor belonged to the rulers and nobles of Vilnius, Trakai, Samogitia, Prussia, Brandenburg, Russia, the Grand Duchy of Lithuania in various periods. 1807 Tsar Alexander I of Russia resided in Taurage after Lithuania regained its statehood and carried out land reform, 1920–1922 the land of the manor was distributed to volunteers, sold to mares. After the First World War the demolished buildings are no longer rebuilt.
Gudlaukis Bridge is an illegal, winter-covered reinforced concrete bridge built over the Jūra river two decades ago. The bridge connects Ringius and Gudlaukis - two nearby villages. A particularly charming but dangerous pedestrian bridge hangs near the Gudlaukis bridge. Connecting the two banks of the river, it can be slippery during the cold and slow seasons, but it reveals a beautiful panorama of the Jūra river.
TAURAGĖ RAILWAY STATION
The building of Tauragė railway station, built in 1928-1930, was designed by Edmundas Alfonsas Frykas. The building is characterized by the 20th century. The art deco style of the 1930s is one of the most beautiful interwar buildings in Tauragė, a cultural property protected by the state.
Prieš karą Kreivėnų kaime veikė du vėjo malūnai, kadangi šios apylinkės itin vėjuotos malūnai pastatyti ne be priežasties. Vykstant Tauragės-Tilžės plentu, link Pagėgių dešinėje pusėje, matyti vieno iš jų, deja, jau tuščias plytinis pastatėlis. Po kepuriniu plytiniu malūnu buvo įrengtos dvi angos, į kurias būdavo galima įvažiuoti vežimu su grūdais, o išvažiuoti jau su sumaltais miltais. Tad Tauragė gali pasigirti vieninteliu tokiu vėjo malūnu išlikusiu Lietuvoje. Nuotrauka Tauragės kurjerio
TAURAGĖS MOTORINIS MALŪNAS
Iki šių dienų mieste išlikęs 1922 m. Hiršo Gitkino pastatytas, fachverkinės konstrukcijos keturių aukštų motorinis malūnas. Pradžioje jame veikė garo mašinos, kurias pakeitė elektros varikliai. Iki Antrojo pasaulinio karo prie jo veikė ir lentpjūvė. Deja, fachverkinė konstrukcija su raudonų plytų mūro užpildu 1988 m. buvo paslėpta po tinku. Pagrindiniame fasade išlikę ir įmonės įkūrimo metai – 1922. Motorinis malūnas turi istorinę, techninę ir architektūrinę vertę. Po karo čia veikė malūnas „Jūra“, buvo malami grūdai, veikė karšykla ir pjaunama miško mediena. Septintajame dešimtmetyje malūnas nenaudojamas, čia įrengiamos paminklų dirbtuvės. XX a. pr. fachverkinės konstrukcijos pastatas svarbus miesto raidos objektas. Vertinga ir jame išlikusi technologinė įranga. Malūnas, kaip krašto paveldo objektas įtrauktas į ,,Kultūros paveldo ir istorijos ženklai Tauragės mieste‘‘, maršrutą.
LAUKSARGIŲ GELEŽINKELIO STOTIS
1915 m. Buvo atstatyta Lauksargių geležinkelio stotis, kuri tuomet buvo didelės strateginės reikšmės objektas. Kalbant apie patį stoties pastatą, galima sakyti, kad didžiuliai arkiniai pastato langai, sunkios medinės dviejų sandėlių durys atrodo įspūdingai. Pagrindiniame stoties pastate buvo laukimo salė, o kituose pastatuose prižiūrėtojų butai. Dabar raudonų plytų pastatas, yra saugomas objektas.
Tauragė – amžinas pasienio miestas, tad pateko į Molotovo linijos įtvirtinimų, besidriekiančių Jūros ir Šešuvies pakrantėmis, ruožą. Kaip joks kitas Lietuvos miestas, Tauragė ypač turtinga šiais statiniais. Miesto teritorijoje buvo pastatyti net 7 gynybiniai statiniai, šiuo metu du Dotai yra nugriauti, o vienas įrašytas į Kultūros vertybių registrą